Restarting and Operating Your Business Safely
Home to Work
- Before starting out from home, employees declare health status
- Some companies use an app or a web site to have employee certify before starting out from home
- Start to office only when healthy
- If employee or a family member has fever, cough or difficulty in breathing, employee should stay back at home.
- Practice social distancing during commute.
- If car pooling make sure you sit on diagonal seats, keep window open if possible and wear mask.
- Only 2 persons per car max
- Entering work premises
- Don’t crowd entrances. Have designated spots marked out on the ground to stand.
- Wait till the person in front of you goes to the spot ahead before occupying the spot
- Try and avoid touching surfaces as far as possible while entering
- Clean hands using sanitizer after entering. Sanitizer bottle is placed next to entrance.
- Disinfection of entrance surfaces done frequently
- Temperature check before entering company premises
- One company has closed locker rooms entirely. Another company has strict policies for social distancing during locker room use.
- In cafeteria
- Sitting in adjacent seats and opposite to each other no longer allowed. Seats have been removed.
- Do not talk loudly at dining table
- Wash hands thoroughly with soap and water before and after eating
- Staggered breaks time in cafeteria to minimize occupancy
- Cafeteria sanitized after each usage period
- Increased break time by 5 minutes
- Bring own cups and utensils. Usage of common utensils and cups no longer allowed.
- Some companies have spots marked on cafeteria floor where a person can stand
- Attendance punching taken away. Use app to scan QR codes instead.
- Avoid touching terminals with ID card for entrance. Hold ID card a cm away
- Avoid touching surfaces as far as possible
- Stand away from each other during shift meetings. Designated standing spots on ground
- Air conditioning/heating off as far as possible, doors windows kept open, fans used to ventilate where necessary.
If AC/heat is required ensure microfilter (N95 or better)
- Leave interior doors open where possible throughout the facility. This eliminates the need to touch door knobs.
- Sanitize common touchpoints (for example tables, desktops, keyboard, knobs )
- Disinfect laptop or desktop before starting work
- Ensure social distance in office and assembly line areas
- Tables and chairs are moved far apart – no one sits adjacent to each other or across from each other
- No chair movement is allowed.
- 1% Sodium Hypochlorite solution is used for sanitization in one company. The solution is kept in a spray bottle at each location. Tools are sanitized every hour. Facility is sanitized twice daily.
- Any material received is used only after 12 hours of sanitization wait time. If the 12 hours wait time cannot be met due to urgency, the material has to be sanitized.
- Restrooms disinfected every hour, additional cleaning staff deployed
- Frequent touchpoints disinfecting done
- Personal Protective Equipment usage mandatory for cleaning staff
- Alcohol based disinfectant used
- Use alternate urinals to maintain social distance
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Maintain social distance while waiting for sinks to be free
- Doors to be opened using legs and elbows
- Shower rooms no longer used
- Have standard operating procedure for sanitization of tools
- All visitors must provide a declaration that they are healthy and that they or somebody living with them does not have fever, coughing or shortness of breath.
- Checking body temperature is mandatory. If the visitor is running a temperature they will not be allowed entry.
- They must wear mask while on premises.
After reaching home
- Wash hands with soap and water..