Taking these steps will significantly reduce your chances of getting infected with the virus responsible for Covid-19.
Covid-19 is a respiratory disease caused by a novel virus first identified in Wuhan, China in 2019.
Covid-19 spreads when airborne virus from an infected person is inhaled into the lungs of a healthy person or when respiratory droplets from an infected person land in the nose or mouth of the healthy person. This chances of such an infection happening go up dramatically when the infected and healthy person are closer than six feet. An infected person may not show any symptoms.
Coronovirus lives in human lungs. To stop spread of Coronavirus we need to separate each pair of lungs from the other.
Coronavirus spreads through nose, mouth and eyes. To prevent its spread we must Protect Each Face. If each person wears good protective masks and eye wear transmission will stop.
Maintaining Social Distancing and Wearing a MASK will Significantly Reduce Your Chance of Getting infected
Our workplaces need to be as clean as Surgical Operation Theaters and every worker must think of themselves as a Surgeon or Nurse and needs to observe the same protocol that Surgeons do.
We must be Meticulous and Precise, Everytime.
Along with good PPE it is important to disinfect workplace and homes. We can
- Disinfect surfaces with sodium hypochlorite and alcohol-based soultions.
- Disinfect air with Ultraviolet light + HEPA based air filters
- Disinfect air with Ultraviolet light and sodium hypochlorite steam disinfection.
Temperature and oximeter test before entry to workplace along with questionnaire and app based monitoring are a must.
Training of workers in hand washing technique, wearing, taking off and disposing masks and gloves is a must.
In addition we must ensure that:
- Workers don’t meet outside workplace (Using Contact tracing apps, smart apps, etc)
- Workers don’t meet each other before coming into workplace and putting on protective gear.
- That each worker wears masks all the time in workplace otherwise severe consequences will result. This can be done through video surveillance. Anyone not wearing a mask should e considered at the same level as a terrorist.
- Common areas including toilets and instruments are thoroughly disinfected regularly. Use Ultraviolet light in toilet between users.
- Regular hand washing is done according to schedule.
- Waste disposal is done by authorized agent.
Talks on psychological defenses against Coronavirus- denial, omnipotence, grandiosity, etc which make people careless will help.
Standard Operating Procedures (SOPS) must reinforce right technique, intense monitoring, relentless implementation.
Zero tolerance for deviation from protocol should be there.
Masks and PPE to be used depend on industry.
For critical workers like ICU doctors and nurse, dentists, ENT, Ophthalmology we recommend Powered Air Respirators
N99/95 FF3 certified mask with exhalation valve should be used in less higher risk environments.
- Surgical mask may be used in normal occupations although they are not as good as the N95/99 or powered respirators
- Nitrile gloves can be used.
- UV based air filters
- UV light
- Disinfection equipment